One foot out toeing

Hi there! Saw your post on out toeing. Wanted to get any advice. My 10.5 month olds right foot is turning out. It is turning out when he is standing and cruising. I even notice it turned out when he is sitting. He was army crawling for the longest time but has recently (last two week) started 4 point crawling. He is climbing stairs. I do notice when he is pulling himself up and climbing stairs he more pulls his toes as he is pulling himself up. Any advice is greatly appreciated!
Thank you!

At this point in time, there’s nothing to worry about- The joints are turning in the sockets as baby is continuing to bear weight by crawling, cruising and eventually walking. I would continue to monitor, but wait until your baby is already walking independently for 3-6 months to see the status of the foot position.

In the meantime, crawling in a 4 point position is excellent, and cruising in both directions, stepping over and around objects is great for weightbearing and positional development

Thank you so much for the reply! I will continue to monitor and go from there! Thanks again!

1 Like

Uploading: 6089192A-218D-43A8-8573-41568C32598C.jpeg…
Processing: 0F8B6F9F-55C6-42E4-AFF4-BF0102F46B08.jpeg…
Just wanted to follow up again. I did take my son to the pediatrician. He believes it is external tibial torsion. Said to “wait and see”. Is this recommended or should I seek out a pediatric physical therapist? I attached some photos. It seems like when putting weight on that right foot (when pulling up, climbing steps or cruising) he put weight on the inside of his foot? No clue if I’m explaining that correctly. I will say no delay noted in hitting milestones. Just want to make sure I am doing all I can for him.
Thank you!

@magicmomentstherapy did a great post about this recently. You can’t change the bone structure but you can make sure they are strong in all the correct muscles. Login • Instagram Her post is about intoeing but similar things apply. I would work to make sure his knees are aligned and use that as a point of reference (so knee caps facing forward) rather than his toes. That will work to keep the hips in good alignment. Hope that helps some! And thanks for following up.

1 Like