Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

My daughter screams bloody murder anything but standing

She’s 5.5 months and LOVES having me hold her by her arms to zoom around the house. I do TT, she can do table top, she can roll all ways, she can spin like a top on her tummy, she can sit unassisted for a while before eventually toppling over, but the last 3 days it’s all tears unless she’s on her feet. I’m so exhausted, and my back hurts. Is this a phase? I know she needs to crawl, but she’s having none of it… Even diaper changes are all tears… any advice, reassurance is appreciated.

Update: I think the clingy/standing is because her head hurts I think teeth are finally erupting.

Hi @Lmnop it sounds like quite the stage. There are so many reasons babies go through these phases-sometimes they’re exploring a new ability and that’s all they want to do. Sometimes it’s teething and normal habits change for a few days before going back to the typical rhythm.

Have you noticed any improvements?

1 Like

Yes she’s still super fussy and prefers being on her feet, but definitely tolerating other activities again, thank Goodness. @tots-allison

1 Like