Inchworm crawler

Hi! I have an inchworm crawler since 7 months, he just turned 10 months today. He pulls to stand, crawls over obstacles like a champ, plays on his knees often, transitions in and out of sitting from tummy or any other position, but he will not quad crawl! I’ve been trying all of your arm strengthening tips, and even using a towel under his chest to help assist, but he keeps “rolling” out of them or resorts to inchworming on his tummy. Any tips for this?!
He gets on hands and knees occasionally and I’ve seen him take a pace or two, but he usually just plops on his belly and inchworms. Thank you in advance! :pray:t3:

1 Like

Hi there, welcome!

Since he does get onto his hands and knees from time to time, see if he will stay in that position and play for a bit. Have a motivating toy in front and see if you can build some endurance in that position overtime.

In the first part of this reel, I’m using my leg to support the 4 point position as the baby plays.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CZDYwFlK-sK/?utm_medium=copy_link

1 Like

I’m wondering if the issue isn’t necessarily arm strength, but perhaps in the hips. Is he able to play in quadruped while lifting one arm at a time up to play?

Try crawling pushing a diaper box or something similar to strengthen the core and hips

2 Likes

Here is a video that has the example @tots-allison is talking about More on Crawling - YouTube

2 Likes

Thank you for the tips! I think you were right and it was the hips. On the 3rd day of practicing playing as demonstrated in the video, he took off quad crawling! Now If he isn’t quad crawling it’s down for a quick army crawl and back up. So proud and so grateful for y’all! Thanks again!

2 Likes

That’s so great!!